February 9, 2014

bliss jacket



Pattern: Drop Collared Cable Jacket from Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed in Navy (discontinued)

This is a project I bought the yarn for and started in 2008. I got one front done and was partway up the second when I just got tired of my hands aching with the heavy yarn and big needles and I put it away. I came across it a few weeks ago and decided a) the yarn was really suited to being this object and I really loved the yarn and b) I still liked the design and would probably wear it.

I then realized I had decided to lengthen the body pieces by 2" but only had enough yarn for the original length and this yarn has since been discontinued. Luckily, two Ravelers had some for sale and one of them was willing to ship to Canada, so I managed to snag enough to finish.

It's really warm despite the 3/4 sleeves. I love the extra big collar. It's crazy cold outside so these few pics taken by the girl will have to do for now. I think I'll get lots of use out of this.




1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and cozy! I knit one of these myself using a different yarn

    ReplyDelete