January 2, 2013

gift parade

Happy New Year! I hope you've recovered from the holidays. I'm very grateful to have some time off to relax and recharge.

So, a few months ago I vowed to take this year off from gift knitting because I had too much else happening. I promptly fell off the wagon and made the following:


Pattern: DROPS dogs coat
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios in 'Ravelry Red'

(My Mom has a small and adorable dog. She was getting chilly).


Pattern: A Grey Loop by Helen G
Yarn: Doodles in String Merino DK in 'Why Don't You Marry It?'

(My friend L, with whom I share a birthday, had the fabulous idea to exchange items, so I made this for her. I will post photos of the lovely gift she sent me soon).


Pattern: Chevalier Mitts by Mari Muinonen
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in '1960'

(This is my new favourite mitt pattern. Great fit, interesting construction, challenging cables. I made these for my daughter's violin teacher).


Pattern: Chevalier Mitts, again
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish worsted in 'Cobblestone Heather'

(These were for my sister-in-law).

Pattern: Squall Hat by Glenna C
Yarn: Miss Babs Yowza-Whatta Skein! in 'Blackwatch' (held double)

(The minute Glenna released this pattern I knew it would be perfect for gift knitting. I made 2 in this colour from the same skein, one for my niece and another for my friend S).


Pattern: Squall Hat, again
Yarn: Doodles in String Merino Worsted in 'Understory' (held double)

(This one is a bit smaller, as I didn't have quite enough yardage. It fits my daughter well, though. I also made a 4th Squall Hat using Knitpicks Swish worsted in Cobblestone Heather for my friend M, but didn't have any daylight hours to take a photo).


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn: Hedgehog Fibres Sock Yarn in 'Secret'

(Fun, quick pattern I plan to make again. These were for my Mom).

OK. I guess I enjoy knitting gifts. I shouldn't fight it.


1 comment:

  1. It happens. I swore off handmade things also but I couldn't stick with it.

    ReplyDelete