August 2, 2011

contiguous study



Pattern: SusieM's Contiguous Method for the shoulder seams and sleeve caps, then the rest was from my head
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock Yarn, 3 skeins in colour 'kelp'

I love top-down construction for sweaters, so I wanted to try out this method for establishing the shoulder seams and sleeve caps. It differed quite a bit from other methods I'd tried...I kept thinking of it as sort of an amalgamation between a raglan and set in sleeve method. You work along a single line of back of neck stitches, increasing on both ends to form the front and back shoulders, then increasing again to make the sleeve caps.

From there I just stayed simple, making 3/4 sleeves and easy stockinette with some garter trim. Nice loose gauge in fingering weight yarn in an absolutely fabulous deep teal colour. Great summer knitting.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And you can't go wrong with teal, such a good colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to try this technique, it looks neat. I love madelinetosh yarn and your sweater is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color also. The simpleness of the sweater makes it that much more awesome. Simple is sometimes best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! But I wouldn't expect anything less of something you created and knit!!

    ReplyDelete