Pattern: my own
Yarn: Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino in 'Riders on the Storm' colourway
So I finally got around to knitting up all that yarn I spun last winter. I did this top down with set in sleeves to try to use as much of my yarn as I could, although I only needed about 1200 yds. of the 1418 total I spun. This was from 32 oz spun into a worsted weight 3 ply.
This sweater should have taken me a little more than a week to make. It took over 2 because I ripped out and re-knit the lower 1/2 of the body no less than 3 times and one of the sleeves completely twice. I felt like that guy in the Greek myth who rolls the boulder up the hill every day only to have to start again at the bottom the next. I want to be in love with this sweater and I'm not yet, but it's getting closer.
Anyway, the yarn from this fibre is gorgeous. The colours working together reminded me of an arctic tundra landscape.
Now I'm off to Minneapolis for 5 days to a Parks conference, and I'm trying to decide on the car knitting. Hope you're having a great weekend.