May 24, 2010

sunny summer cardi


Pattern: "Snaps n Lace Cardi" by the fabulous Thea Colman
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in 'Butter'

The girl has just as sad a supply of summer sweaters as I do, so I thought this would be a fun and quick solution. It totally was. Thea (Babycocktails) has a great assortment of sweater (and other) patterns to choose from, especially cardigans which are my favourite sweaters of all. There's also an adult version of this one, which I'm planning for myself.

Thea's part of Amy Herzog's Fit to Flatter Series, which is pretty much the most wonderful thing on the internet I've found in a long time.

Here in Canada we have today off (Victoria Day), so we managed to fit in a quick trip to the lake before the LOST finale last night and still have a day to get stuff done around the house. Every week should be like this.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! Beautiful cardi and very clever button closure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is absolutely adorable! The color is perfect with the cute dress. You are so quick with the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too sweet! Thanks for the nice words :-)

    And yes, Amy's series is awesome, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete