April 11, 2009

more coloured sheep fur
















Last year, when I bought what is probably my single most favourite possession, my Lendrum DT spinning wheel...which is made by hand by the extremely talented Gord Lendrum who also happens to be Canadian....from the wonderful Francine who introduced me to spinning and owns Rovings....she threw in a 13oz. bag of Polwarth roving to get me started. It's roughly equally divided into 3 colours: light blue/white, blue and purple. So I decided I would spin my first 3-ply and by separating them out by colour and then putting them together again perhaps achieve a somewhat consistent look to the finished whatever-it-will-be. I figure I'll wait until I know the gauge and meterage before picking a project. I'm hoping for a child-sized sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment